Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back To School: Beauty Essentials


Honestly, with not being able to upload a tutorial because of the slow internet, I'm kind of running out of ideas for my back to school posts! Oh well. School starts tomorrow for me and, to be honest, the excitement of going back to school has seriously worn off and I'm excited to meet everyone and join the play and such, but I really don't want to start with all the homework and stress again :/ Ugh.

But, all sad thoughts aside, let's get into the fun part of back to school ;) So here I am just going to be sharing a couple of makeup products that are essential for school and for the fall time (for me, at least). Hope you guys find this somewhat helpful!



1. MAC "Amber Lights" eyeshadow I got this eyeshadow about a year ago when I was just trying to expand my MAC eyeshadow collection, and I think it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment purchase, because I only wore it a couple of times last year, but let me tell you, this year I cannot wait to use this baby until it is GONE haha ;) All it is is just a very pretty amber color, kind of shimmery... Applies very smoothly and nicely!



2. MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass in "Full Speed Ahead" I'm pretty sure you guys will be seeing quite a number of MAC products in this list, but it's only because I really love them! This lipgloss I got in the beginning of this summer and I really fell in love with it - it reminds me of Barbie every time I wear it! - but I've only worn it a couple of times... It was just a little too bright for just everyday on the beach. But I am obsessed with it now and I am sure that I'll be bringing this bad boy (or should I say girl?). This lipgloss is basically a very hot pink lipgloss with no shimmer or anything (I'd say it's a little darker than your usual hot pink). I love it!



3. Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow in "01 Copper Spice" I got this quad last summer I think... I'm pretty sure you can still get it in drugstores, though! Anyways, this palette is so easy and simple to just whip out when you're getting ready for school in the morning - it includes 4 very neutral and easy-to-work-with shades. One for the lid, one for the inner corners and brow bone, one for the crease, and one for the outer-V :) I use it occasionally, but I just feel that on those mornings when you just need something very quick and easy, this is the perfect eyeshadow combo!


4. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 My grandma actually got a sample of this from Sephora as her birthday present and gave it to me, so I started using it and fell in love! I use it every single day - it's very moisturizing and it makes your chapped dry lips feel silky smooth and kissable (wink wink) in an instant! The full size product is pretty pricey (I think it's a little over 30 bucks), so I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing the full size of it, but if you want to - go for it! It is amazing!



5. Prada Candy Perfume This stuff is totally amazing. To me, it kind of smells like a more sophisticated version of the Pink Sugar perfume (if you know what that smells like) - basically really sweet...like caramelized something...like caramel :P I am wearing this tomorrow (surprise surprise) and will be wearing this for a loooong time this school year ;) People always say I smell like Liz, well, this is what Liz smells like this school year.



6. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color in "18 Cinna-snap" The poor little nail polish...3/4 gone and drying out. Because I love it. A lot. I swear, every single time it becomes appropriate to wear a dark burgundy shade on my nails - this baby is on 'em. This is just a total Liz fall color... I just love it!



7. OPI "Samoan Sand" My love for this nail polish sparked when I got a manicure at the mall and they used this color...and I was obsessed. The next week I ran out and got the nail polish. No regrets. Wear it all the time. Obsessed. The perfect nude color. Not enough words. Love. Love. Classy. Love.

Okie dokie, I'm pretty sure this is it! Love you guys! Have a great school year <3

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment