Saturday, November 3, 2012

October 2012 Favorites

Hey gurl hey :) I don't know why, but I've been in a terrible mood since I woke up (even though I had an amazing week...), so I'll try and make this short and (hopefully) sweet. October was a pretty cool month... Had it's ups and downs for me but I'm just glad that I got a week off of school to get my mind off of things (I was getting way too stressed). But now I started procrastinating again really badly, and I need to learn all of my lines for the play, which is in, like, 2.5 weeks... But I'm too lazy to :( 

Anyways, getting to the actual favorites.

  • MAC "Mulch" eyeshadow I've hardly had time to do my makeup lately (oh, the many advantages and disadvantage of the snooze button), so all I've been doing on my eyes is priming them (and covering up my icky veins) with the MAC "Groundwork" paintpot, which is another one of my favorites this month, and then just taking a pencil brush and lining the upper lashline and the outer 1/4 of my lower lashline with "Mulch". And let me tell you - I think I'll be doing this for quite a while now.
  • Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder Oil-Free As I've mentioned above, I don't really have time to do my makeup in the morning, so I've just been taking a big-arse brush, taking as much of this powder as I possibly can, and brushing it all over my face. And let me tell you - no matter how much of this powder you put on, it will never look cakey. Amazing.
  • Chanel "Rouge Noir 18" nailpolish I have...about 90 nail polishes. I know, I know. I'm trying to give them away to as many friends as I can so I can start re-vamping my collection - I HATE THE COLORS I HAVE NOW. But the thing is, I promised myself not to buy anymore until at least half of mine are gone. Well, guess what. Promises are broken. Haha ;) I went out and finally let myself buy me a vampy, plumy red (a very very dark red) one that I'm absolutely in love with. Definitely recommend this one. Applies very nicely in 2 coats and lasts about 2-3 days without chipping with a topcoat.
  • Guerlain "Le Petit Robe Noir" perfume So...the same day I bought the Chanel nailpolish...I finally decided to splurge on a new perfume (I haven't bought one since Christmas!). I've been eyeing this one for quite a while and when I finally got home and sprayed it all over myself I felt like the happiest girl on the planet. Now, I'm no expert on scents, so I found an article online that says what it smells like... Yeah, you can read it here ;)
  • Taylor Swift's "RED" album Now, I already raved about this wonderful musical masterpiece in a previous post, so I won't rave about it much more. Just, just go listen to it. Go buy it. Download it illegally. I don't care just do it. Haha ;)
  • Tory Burch "Jess" Riding Boots I cannot even begin to describe how much I love these babies. And, again, I won't say much 'cause I've talked about them many, many times before. All I'm saying is, they are so worth the splurge - they are extremely easy to break in (only took me, like, 2 days), extremely comfortable, and extremely fashionable yet classy ;) I don't think I'll be wearing them much more here (well, maybe during Christmas time in Texas), because it's always raining and I don't wanna ruin them, but I sure will be getting a heck of a lot of wear out of them for the next, oh I don't know, 15 years of my life ;) OMG, imagine how cool and vintage they're going to be when I pass them on to my daughter! Aaha ;)

  • Peppermint tea During the spring and summer months I absolutely HATE drinking tea - it makes me really hot and I just do not. want it. *unless it's ice tea ;)* But it's been getting pretty darn cold here so I've been drinking at least 2 cups a day of ma peppermint tea. I honestly love it to the moon and back. Can't really say anything else.
Anyways, typing this up definitely cheered me up, I hope ya'll are having an amazing weekend so far!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment