Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 2013 Favorites


February has been such a short (DUH) and hectic month for me, and I've been doing a ton of things this month...which resulted in a ton of favorites. So, without further ado - let's get started.

RueLaLa app I love shopping. That's no secret. And who doesn't love a great bargain?! I know I do. If you don't know about this website and you're a proud shopaholic like me - you have not lived!!! It's basically a website that has different flash sales from designer brands. You can find anything from Prada to Lilly Pulitzer to Tommy Hilfiger there - the discounts are amazing, but you need to be sure to get anything you want right when the sale starts, otherwise it might be out of stock! I've had a problem with that before - whenever I logged in to the website everything was out of my size. So frustrating! But then I found this app - it sends you notifications when the sale of your desired brand starts! My wallet has not been as happy as me this month, that's for sure...

John Green books ("Looking for Alaska" & "The Fault In Our Stars" You know you're reading a good book when it makes you cry. I both love and hate these two books exactly for that reason - they are amazing but they make me cry SO much! And I'm already a big crying person, so this just pours more oil into the fire (is that even a saying...?). After reading "The Fault In Our Stars" I had a hysterical fit for 3 hours! The whole experience (yes, reading these books was an experience) has just been so amazing and definitely unforgettable - I think I found my new favorite author! I've heard so many good things about John Green books, and they definitely do him justice! If you haven't read his books yet - go buy one. Now.

Running I've always wanted to run, but before, whenever I tried I always got terrible side stitches, which lasted for days. But recently I decided to try running again - but this time I made sure to do it right. I found an 8-week program that starts you out with running and that has totally prevented the side stitches for me! I've been running about 3 times a week in the gym (it's too cold to run outside) and I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can take it outside!

Arose186 You may or may not know that I spend 40% of my time on tumblr, 20% studying or working out, and 40% on YouTube. I've been watching YouTube practically every single day since 2009, and needless to say, I abandoned TV a long time ago! Arose186 - or Arden - has been one of my favorite people on YouTube for quite a bit of time already (she does beauty videos if you were wondering), but I've just been watching and re-watching her videos all the time this month! I even had an "Arose186-marathon" where I watched every single one of her videos (even from her vlog channel) from the first one up until the last one she posted! I was sick, and had a lot of free time, okay?

"One Way Or Another" music video Everyone knows I love One Direction. I mean, there aren't many girls between the ages of 7 and 25 that don't like One Direction. They just recently came out with their music video for "One Way Or Another", but I've watched it at least 18 times already, so I think it's okay if I include it in my monthly favorites, am I right ladies? If you haven't seen the video yet - go watch it! It's so funny and just straight up adorable - makes me smile every time! Plus, the song is super catchy!

Nars "Laguna" bronzer I don't usually use bronzer during the winter months, simply because I just get way too pale for it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm super pale in the summer, too, but I'm mega pale in the winter! So if I use bronzer it just looks cakey and fake on me. But after cleaning out my makeup collection - I found my Nars "Laguna" bronzer and decided to try to use it again, even though it's winter. Just putting it out there - I still am mega pale, but "Laguna" just adds that tiny little bit of refreshing summer glow in the winter months (plus, I've been contouring with it, too!) without looking cakey or fake - love it!

YSL Touche Eclait I've been traveling a lot this month (definitely not one of my favorites for the month), so I've been stopping by Duty Free a ton (whoops). The YSL Touche Eclait has been on my list for quite a long time, so one day when I was passing by the makeup counters I just decided to check it out and possibly get it. I tried it out on my hand after seeing how flawlessly it blended out and how it reflected light and I was SOLD. I've been using it every single day since (even on days I don't wear makeup - not even mascara!). It just blends so easily, looks flawless but natural at the same time, highlights, covers blemishes, and is super easy to use due to the brush applicator that is already built in!

I just realized this post was super long, but if you read it 'till the end you are now officially my best friend.

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment