Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Favorite Spring Perfumes

I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but I'm not a big fan of Spring. The weather's usually nasty, and the allergies drive me crazy. One thing I do love about Spring, though, are the scents. I love floral, light, fresh scents - I have so many, I don't think I'll ever use up a full bottle! So, this post is going to be all about my favorite Spring perfumes and why I love them so much. And, believe me when I say this, I love them a lot.


DKNY Be Delicious This is a classic - enough said. You can wear this all year round, really, so if you're thinking about getting this - go for it! Since I'm horrible at describing scents - I did some research. This scent has base notes of white amber; middle notes of apple (no duh), rose, violet, tuberose, and white muguet; and top notes of grapefruit, cucumber, and magnolia. I have no idea what these "notes" are/mean, but I can tell you this - the perfume smells amazing!


Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Now, you can definitely tell that I love this one, because after using it for  3-4 months every day last year, all I have left is the tiny sample bottle you get in the set. Need I say more? The base notes are musk, sandalwood, amber, and peach; middle notes consist of vanilla, honeysuckle, and hibiscus; and the top notes are freesia, tea, blackberry, raspberry, and apple blossom. And, the perfume bottle is gorgeous, too!


Lacoste Joy of Pink I've had this perfume forever, but I can definitely say it's an oldie but a goodie! This is definitely one of my favorite perfumes ever! It's so sparkly, optimistic, and fun - so summery! The base notes are musk and virginia cedar; the middle notes are peony and curacao; and the top note is grapefruit. And who doesn't love an adorable pink bottle on their dresser?!


Miss Dior Chérie (eau de parfum) If I had to pick my all-time favorite night-time scent - this would be it. I read that it's meant to be more of a day-time scent, but it's way too strong for me to wear it in the day time! As always, the packaging is super adorable (I mean, it's Dior) and I heard you can take the bow off and use it as a ring - but can't get it off. Oh well. Anyways, the base notes are vetiver (whatever that is), sandalwood, patchouli, oak moss, and amber; the middle notes are jasmine and rose; and finally, the top notes are mandarin orange and wild strawberry. 


Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca If you're passing by me - any time of the year - you will most likely get a whiff of this. I used a huge bottle of this sucker up already (whoops) and I only have the teeny carry-on bottle left, and I really don't need any more perfume, so I try and hardly use this (sniff sniff) until I use up at least another bottle of my perfume... I would describe this scent as effortless, laid-back, carefree - like taking a walk through a garden full of honeysuckles! This perfume has base notes of pear blossom, lily-of-the-valley, cyclamen; middle notes of mint and green tea (I can totally smell the green tea!); and top notes of lemon and clover. But no honey? Whatttt this smells exactly like honey to me! Oh well.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post :)

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment