Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 2013 Favorites

Today is the first day of summer and I am beyond excited! I have only 3 weeks of school yet, the weather is amazing, and there are just so many things to look forward to this summer! 

Anyways, I don't want to ramble on and on, because I have a ton of favorites to talk about ;)


Sublime de Chanel mascara I don't usually drop big bucks on mascara, because I always thought that drugstore mascaras are just as good as high-end ones. There have been multiple girls that I know who said that they were wearing the Sublime de Chanel mascara when I told them that their eyelashes look amazing. So, I decided to go out and buy it. Best. Decision. EVER. I will definitely be repurchasing this - your lashes look volumized and long, yet the mascara doesn't clump at all. 

Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder I had to go out and buy a new powder because I ran out of my Neutrogena one, so I bought this one on the same day I bought the mascara. Haven't really heard anything about it, so I didn't really know what to expect. And I'm surprised no one's talked about it, because it's amazing! If you don't like your powder to be full-coverage and cakey (who likes cakey powder anyways???) - this is for you. No matter how many layers of this you put on it will never be cakey, it's sheer enough to look natural but has enough coverage to cover up some discoloration and last the whole day. Plus, it comes with a really nice brush to use with it so it's easy to reapply if you need to. 

Chloé Eu de Perfume To be honest, I got tired of using the same perfume over and over (I usually use Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Fresca), so I was on a lookout for a new spring/summer perfume for quite a while. Haven't really heard much hype about any new perfumes this season, so I went with an oldie but a goodie - the Chloé perfume. This has such a girly, but classic scent - I love it! It's subtle, but still noticeable at the same time. Definitely a must-have for me!

M.A.C. brow pencil I usually workout in the mornings in the school gym (since I usually have an extra 2 hours when I get to school), so I shower and do my makeup in school most of the time. This is why I dug out my old favorite, the M.A.C. brow pencil, to use instead of my brow powder. This is so quick and easy to use, but it still gives the same effect/coverage/blend-ability as your usual brow powder.

Personalized Bree Bond Training Plan Bree Bond is a certified personal trainer who, if you e-mail her, will make a personalized workout plan just for you! Honestly, she's the best thing that's happened to my fitness life. I asked her for more definition and strength in my upper body - and there you have it, my arms are huge and strong (just how I like them) and I actually have ab definition! UH-MAY-ZING. The training plan is only $100 (SUPER cheap, compared to other ones) and the meal plan that she offers is $50 (I just purchased mine, so I have yet to try it out). The training plan is made for a month and since I loved mine, I just got another one for June. BEYOND excited!

"Die in Your Arms" by Justin Bieber Ever since his concert (April 30) I have been loving Justin. I've never really been much of a fan, but I have also never really listened to his music. After the concert I bought his album (Believe) and I've been loving it! "Die in Your Arms" has definitely been one of my favorites from this album, I listened to it all month long.

"No Church in the Wild" by Kanye West and Jay Z (feat. Frank Ocean) This one is an oldie *that I've never heard* but oh is it a goodie. This is one of the best Kanye West/Jay Z songs I've ever heard! If you like rap, you will love this. I've listened to this so many times this month that I already know the lyrics by heart - sorry I'm not sorry ;) Plus, it's from the Great Gatsby soundtrack - ummm...LOVE.

"Bang Bang" by will.i.am. This one is also from The Great Gatsby soundtrack and it is *almost* equally as good as "No Church in the Wild". Jay Z did a very good job of producing the songs for The Great Gatsby - the soundtrack album is pretty much the only thing I've been listening to this month. 

Keeping Up With the Kardashians I was sick for about a week this month so I stayed home, doing pretty much nothing, and up until this week I haven't had any homework at all, so I had plenty free time on my hands. Which meant Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I haven't seen Kourtney and Kim Take Miami at all, so I watched that and then moved on to re-watching the last season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Needless to say, my love for the Kardashian family is burning with a new flame. Also, the 8th season is coming out this Sunday (excited Liz face)!

The Great Gatsby I saved the best for last. My love for this movie/book cannot be put into words and every time I think of Gatsby I just have a mini heart attack inside. This is THE BEST movie I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of good movies!) and I have already seen it twice in the past two weeks. Leo did amazing, the clothes and the setting were gorgeous, the music was to die for, not to mention that the movie was extremely close to the book (I hate movies that are based on a good book, but then go out and make a whole other story up). If you haven't seen it yet - go watch it NOW.

What were some of your favorite things this month? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. You really provide the concrete and authentic information in the blogs you do produce. I like your style because it is really different from the rest of writers. Keep it up and I shall come again and again to increase me in knowledge through your solid informative blogs.
    really scary masks

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Very useful post I really appreciate thanks for sharing such a nice post on Clothing and Fashion.
    wholesaler uk clothing "

    ReplyDelete