Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Favorite Fall Nail Polish

Hey everyone! I'm back! Hopefully this time I'll actually stay around for a little while longer, but I'm not promising anything. 

Today I decided to share my favorite nail polish colors for fall with you all. If you didn't know this yet, I love nail polish. So, naturally, I have quite a few of my favorites to talk about.

I took these pictures on my new point-and-shoot camera (yay for actual pictures!), so the quality is pretty good, but it was raining/cloudy outside - so excuse the poor lighting. It might be deceiving in some cases, so I'll let you know if the color actually looks different on the nails/in the bottle than it does in the picture.

I love dark pink/purple berry colors for fall (pink looks good on me, what can I say?), so this one is definitely a must. It applies evenly and is opaque after two coats, and the color is pretty true to what it looks like in the bottle.

This has to be in my top 3 favorite nail polishes for fall - a gorgeous, opaque bronze color that is impossible to ignore. But since it's a gold-ish/bronze color, it does look better on warm skin tones than it does on cooler ones, so keep that in mind.

Now this is the color that looks very different in the picture - it looks like a summer-y, Barbie pink - when in actuality it's a darker, more berry-like pink color. This, in my opinion, is the perfect "transition" pink that is perfect for the late summer/early fall season.

This color did turn out a little more coral in the picture - in real life it's a gorgeous rich red color. But it's not a burgundy, dark red - it's more of a true scarlet red that looks gorgeous on every skin color! And, of course, you can never go wrong with classic red nails.

Now, this nail polish is something else. The color is a gorgeous milky gray color and it applies evenly. But. There's a but. To get an opaque gray color (which is what I want) you have to apply 4-6 coats of this. Which, if you're in a hurry, isn't necessarily a good thing. But I haven't found a color like this that applies better (yet) so I'm willing to sacrifice that little nuance for now.

This color is a little more brown than the OPI color and it has more purple-ish undertones as opposed to OPI's blue-ish undertones. This one, though, is opaque in 1-2 coats, so you don't really have to worry about that. These Revlon nail polishes (the Colorstay ones) are one of my favorite drugstore nail polish lines - the nail polish looks so glossy on, you almost don't need a topcoat!

This did not show up well on camera at all. In reality, it's more of a silver-y pearlescent color that changes into every color ever imaginable once you change your angle of vision. The colors change from purple to silver to green to pink which makes this nail polish very unique and perfect for colder months when you feel like you want to wear something dark, but not boring.

The name pretty much says it all - this nail polish is basically huge, gorgeous gold glitter that just makes you think "red carpet". Of course, glitter is always a pain to take off, so that's a downside.

:: Julep "Lacey" ::
love navy nail polish for every single day of every single season - it's summer-y, yet winter-y at the same time. I have a couple of different navy nail polish colors and I like this one best for the fall season - it has some dark green/lighter blue shimmers that really put this nail polish into the fall category (as opposed to the "summer" category).

This nail polish is the odd one out of the bunch - a weird, birthday-cake-sprinkle-looking coat that you can (and should) apply over a base color. I find that applying 2-3 coats is plenty for a very opaque, fuzzy look. 

Hope you guys found this post somewhat helpful! Let me know if you have any comments/suggestions below!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment