Thursday, September 19, 2013

Prepped for School

I am very very guilty of adding all of these items to my shopping cart...and almost checking out. My birthday is in the beginning of October by the way, just in case you run out of ideas ;)

I haven't had much free time lately, but one thing I've had plenty of is homework. And - news flash - since I watch Gossip Girl even when I'm taking a shower (true story) I watch it when I'm doing homework as well. There's just something about knowing all of the lines and outfits that makes me feel accomplished.

As are 90% of my outfits, this one is also inspired by characters from this TV show. And, for once, it's not Blair Waldorf (gasp). I put together two outfits - one is a bit edgier than usual, and another is more laid-back. The edgier one is inspired by something I think that Jenny Humphrey would wear (in her better, preppier days) and the more casual one is inspired by the bombshell Serena van der Woodsen. 



I've really been into giving a little edgy twist to my outfits lately, but I pretty much fail all the time - only because I own no street style/edgy clothes. I've seen a few classier twists on the moto jacket (of course, the J.Crew one is my favorite) and I think black tones the "edgyness" down a notch. I can definitely see myself wearing this - it's so cute and totally fall-appropriate!

Of course, the "Serena" outfit is more casual and, frankly, more in my comfort zone. The blazer/cardigan still makes the outfit nice and put-together, but doesn't look too dressy or old-grandma-ish. Scallops were a huge thing this summer, so I thought that these ChloĆ© flats are a perfect transition into fall (I love brown leather flats!).

Which outfit would you wear?

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment