Saturday, October 12, 2013

Breaking Fashion "Rules"

No white after labor day, never mix brown, black and navy, redheads can't wear red, never mix gold and silver - how many "fashion rules" are there and how can a person possibly follow them all?! I asked myself this question this morning while re-thinking my outfit - a navy dress, black tights and flats, and a brown bag. Did my outfit look good to me? Absolutely. Did I think that I was breaking a "rule"? Yes.

I felt like I was going to be judged the second I went out of my house - black, navy, and brown all in one outfit?! Horrible. Ugly. A disgrace.

I simply like to call it groundbreaking. According to Michael Kors himself "White after Labor Day is glamorous," and I totally agree. What better way to brighten up a gloomy winter day than by wearing something clean and bright?

So, if you could take one thing away from this post I hope that you understand that there is no "right" or "wrong" in fashion. Yes, there can be a right and a wrong for me, for you, for your best friend - but in the end, fashion and style is what makes you and only you happy, confident, and glowing. 



If you want to wear white after labor day - wear it. If you feel like wearing your brown boots, black pants, and navy sweater all in one outfit - no one is going to stop you. Do what you want to do, wear what you want to wear, as long as you're confident and content.

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment