Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring 2013 Essentials

Who's excited for spring? Because I sure as heck am! I figured since it's February already and some of you may or may not be shopping for the spring time - it might be helpful if I share some of my spring must-haves/what I'll be shopping for this spring.

White dress is an absolute essential for me. It just screams spring/summer, is so feminine and classy, plus effortless and chic (and super easy to style)! I wouldn't wear it in the early spring, though, 'cause where I live - the snow only melts in April... And don't you just feel like you're at the "white party" from Gossip Girl?! Or is that just me...

Body-con dress is also a must. For every time of the year, actually. Gotta show off all that hard work, right, ladies? This one is from Herve Leger...definitely saving up for one, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to spend $1,000+ on a dress that I'll probably only wear once or twice (spend your money wisely, girls!).

Nautical-inspired 3/4 sleeve shirt is perfect with red pants if you're feeling a little parisian on a bright spring day. I also love wearing this over a swimsuit as a cover-up, or just with a pair of jeans and sandals on a laid-back day. Can't go wrong with this one!

Bright cardigans are a spring essential for me...which is why I put them in this blog post... DUH LIZ. I just think pieces like these are great for your wardrobe, because you can style them so many ways! *also great bikini cover-ups*

Trench coat is definitely something you need in Europe in the spring months! It's usually super sluggish and gross around April-March here, so you can't go without a decent trench. I own a bright yellow Michael Kors one, which isn't the most practical color, but it sure does add some summer to an otherwise rainy day!

Hunter boots - or any rain boots, for that matter - are also a must-have for European springs! The story is pretty much the same as with my yellow trench coat - I own turquoise ones (I wear them with everything, nevertheless) and I absolutely love them! If you're looking into a pair of ones (and you live in a place where you'd wear them often) and just can't decide if you need them or not - YOU DO.

Neon bikini (preferably from Victoria's Secret). Now, I made a post on my must-have swimsuit of summer 2012 - which is the one shown in the collage. The bandeau top is amazing - check out the post to see a full "review" on that. I know, I know - neon is pretty much only a summer color, but who really cares, right?!

Adorable one-piece is something I don't yet have, but I will get sooner or later...anyhow, I'll call it a must-have, because I must have it. I think every girl should own a cute one-piece - they're a classic! Plus, we all have those days when we feel gross and ugly in a two-piece, right? Right?

Jack Rogers is another item that I have not yet purchased, but I'm pretty sure I'll be placing an order online pretty soon, since I want to wear them on my trip to India in March, and I've heard so many good things about these!

Cork wedges just scream spring to me. Especially if they're in a bright color! You can easily dress them up of down, and they look adorable with summery dresses! Plus, wedges are definitely the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn (besides loafers, of course) - they have the comfort of flats, but the height of heels!

Nude pumps are an essential for every month, I think - they're definitely a classic! These are from Christian Louboutin - and I really want these! I have a love-hate relationship with pointy-toe heels, but these look really good on me (tried them on in a store, okay, don't judge :P). But that's not the point. The point is - you need nude pumps in your life. I do too.

Bangles from J.Crew are the most adorable things ever, I swear! I usually don't wear much jewelry, but in the spring and summer months I definitely break out all of my cutest pieces - no idea why, I guess I'm just more in a mood for jewelry in the summer and spring!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, and have a great day!

xoxo,
Liz

P.S. I really appreciate all of your requests that I've been getting lately! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment