Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Fashion Essentials

I've (sadly) been down with a cold for the past couple of days, so I've had some time (not a lot, but still) to spare. And free time means books, sleep, tumblr, and blogging.

Since the first official day of fall wasn't so long ago, I decided to put together a collage with my 10 fall fashion essentials. Hope you enjoy!


Something about a big oversized flannel and leggings makes me feel so cozy; like I want to light the fireplace, pour myself some coffee and curl up with a book. I love wearing my big flannel (which looks like a lumberjack's shirt, by the way) more as a jacket or a sweater with a tank top, leggings, and riding boots.

I am on a hunt for the perfect khaki skirt and I think I found it. It's the perfect must-have preppy piece for fall that can be worn with anything or anyhow - boots, flats, loafers, t-shirts, blouses, you name it. This one from Madewell is perfect for me, so I may or may not have added it to my online cart...

Everyone knows about my love for horses, brown leather, and boots (which, all together, equals riding boots), so I won't go on and on about these babies. If it's not raining - or worse - snowing outside, you bet I'll be wearing riding boots. Yep. Must-have. Totally worth the money, so invest in a nice ol' pair of leather boots.

This one is a no-brainer, especially if you live somewhere where fall weather isn't all 70 degrees and sunny (ekhem Moscow ekhem). They come in all kinds of different colors, so it's the perfect way to add some color if your wardrobe is all black-and-white.

If you don't live in a rainy climate, then I guess this won't really be an essential for you, but they certainly are for me! I get a ton of use out of my Hunter wellies, even in the winter - you can wear them with special warm socks that come in a bunch of different colors and patterns. Red and navy are always classic color choices, but I got mine in teal and I still wear them with everything!

This is an essential for every season (for me, at least), but I still felt like I had to include a black tote in this list. Black is one of the "it" colors for fall, and a cute tote like the one in the collage (from YSL, by the way) is a good thing to have in your collection any time of the year.

I talked about my recent obsession with motorcycle/leahter-style jackets in my last blog post and I think it's safe to say that I will (hopefully. soon. maybe?) be getting one of these sooner or later. When your outfit looks to grandma-ish (don't know about you, but it happens to me quite often) you just add a jacket like this one and POOF! your outfit is glamorous and not grandma-ous.

Something about leopard-print screams "fall" to me. I'm not a big fan of animal print (zebra. ugh), but I absolutely love leopard. It's so chic and sophisticated I just can't help myself. And what better way to add some sophistication into your outfit than with shoes?   

If you're not yet familiar with the J.Crew "pixie pants" I have two simple things to say to you. One: they are like leggings, but thicker (so your butt and/or underwear isn't on-show) and two: boy, are you missing out. I wear mine all the time, especially since they're perfect for any outfit - no matter how dressy or casual. Hoodie and Uggs? Why not.

And last, but definitely not least, a sweater - the ultimate fall must-have. Sweaters are cozy, soft, and essential. Can't say much more, except that this one from J.Crew is adorable (and sold out almost everywhere!).

What are your fall must-haves? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Love that khaki skirt! I have to wear one for my school uniform and although I probably couldn't wear this one, it gives me some really great inspiration! Fabulous blog by the way.
    xoxo,
    cYa
    citrusandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to wear a school uniform...maybe make a post on how to spice up school uniforms?
      xoxo

      Delete